Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

I have had a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope all the mothers reading this have had a wonderful day too!

So Bethany made me the most adorable Mother's Day gift at school. She made me yellow flowers out of her hand prints. Her teacher cut them out, attached green pipe cleaner to them and put them in a pot that Bethany decorated. I love it!! However, Bethany does not want to relenquish this gift. She worked hard to make it, and has decided that I might be able to have it in a few days, just not today. I've tried to convince her that it is better to give than recieve, that it's not nice to be an "Indian" giver, I've even tried bribing her for it (I want my gift, it's cute!) but she stubbornly holds on to it, refusing to give it to me. So I wait. At somepoint she will lose interest in it. Then I will swoop in, retrieve it, clean it up and put it somewhere special. It won't be long before she won't make me these special gifts anymore, so I want to treasure the ones she makes now!

No comments: