Asher & Lillian,
I'm blogging about your first month because you don't have a baby book. I can't promise that you will have one at all, even though your older siblings have one. I know I will want to remember these things, so I'm blogging about it, because it's better than nothing...right?
- When you guys were about 2 days old the nurse brought you back to my room after a stay in the nursery, and she said: "Mrs. Muirhead, most of the time, twins find comfort in laying next to one another in the bassinet, but yours had to be separated, they were egging each other on." Yes, you were put in time out in separate corners of your bassinet at a mere 48 hours old.
- Lillian your cries put Asher to sleep like a lullaby, however, Asher's cries wake you up and you start to cry, I think Asher is egging you on.
- You have both steadily gained weight. At birth Asher weighed 7lbs and now you weighs 9.6lbs. Lillian weighed 6.5lbs and now you weigh 8lbs.
- You are both good eaters, but bless your hearts, you both have reflux. :(
- You have spent almost half your life living at Bubbie and Baby's because of a nasty stomach bug at our own house.
- I am not a relaxed 4th time Mom, I'm an uptight nervous first time Mom of twins and taking care of you is hard, but loving you is better than anything I could have imagined.
- Lillian you like your feet to be massaged! My kind of girl!
- Asher you like for your tummy to be full! Daddy's little man!
- Asher when I saw you for the first time, my first thought was, oh how I love you and my second thought was, oh my goodness I just had the same baby twice...you look just like Russell.
- You guys eat about every three hours.
- Sleeping through the night doesn't appear to be on the horizon.
- You reach for each other when your sleeping. I'll find you holding hands, hugging and cuddling...it makes my heart melt every time.
- You sleep better together than when you are apart.
- You both like to sleep on Daddy's chest, or in his arms. You are happy there.
- Your older siblings love you. They fight to hold you, give you kisses and pet your head. You are blessed and so are they. I think the five of you will grow up to have lots of stories!!
Lillian started smiling on May 3rd while you were looking at Mommy and smiled again for your Daddy while he was rocking you! You smile a lot now!
Asher you started smiling on May 5th while looking at Mommy. You haven't smiled much since then, but it's because you are busy sleeping! :)
I love you Asher Man and Lilly Pie!!