Thursday, January 14, 2010

We don't want to meet these babies...yet!

I'm 28 weeks today. In pregnancies past this day would come and go barely noticed, but today was different. Today I ended up in L&D (Labor & Delivery) for the entire morning and part of the afternoon.

Let me back up, last night I started feeling poorly and by the time Colin got home at about 6:30 I was contracting A LOT! I immediately went and got into bed, drank some extra water and rested. The contractions subsided, but didn't completely go away, but I felt comfortable enough to go to sleep so I did.

When I woke up this morning the contractions were still there, so I decided to call my OB. He immediately sent me to L&D for monitoring. On a side note, when my OB decided that I should go to L&D, I just happened to have Russell with me. I was taking him to therapy, so he got to skip therapy and school today and get a different kind of education, bless his heart. He watched the nurse poke, prod and examine me, I think he was scared because he was sooooo happy to see my Dad when he came to pick up him up. Anyway, the nurse started telling me that I was having 40 second contractions, of low intensity every 2 - 3 minutes. Then she bombarded me with info about the babies lungs, steroid shots, c-sections, and even mentioned having the babies today. I WAS SCARED! Thankfully my friend Becky came and sat with me until Colin could get there, otherwise I might have melted down right then.

As it turns out, I have an irritable uterus, which is no surprise, it was irritable with Bethany too. I was a bit dehydrated, and once I got fluids in me, the contractions settled down. So they sent me home to rest, and resting I am. I don't want to meet these babies until the end of March, they still have lots of cooking to do. So here I am again, asking for your prayers. Will you please pray for the health and safety of our babies and that they will stay put for another 10 weeks?

Thank you friends! I love you all!!

Hugs,
Abby

4 comments:

rbollom said...

Soooooo glad it all worked out ok. I'll keep praying for you and those little ones to stay put awhile longer. Let me know if there is absolutely anything you need - I'm here for you! Take care!! ♥

rbollom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley McWhorter said...

Praying, praying, praying!!!!

Mandy said...

Thanks for the update! I'm so glad I checked your blog tonight. We'll be praying for you and the babies, glad you were able to go home!